The Sustainability Hub
A Brighter Shade of Green
Stop by the Sustainability Hub, powered by GMIC (Green Meeting Industry Council), and grow your knowledge of environmental and social responsibility. This is the greenest spot on the show floor—and a chance for both exhibitors and buyers to learn how to apply sustainability practices to meetings and incentive travel programs, as well as how to improve the sustainability of their own businesses.
This year sessions will focus on the practicalities of implementing sustainability in meetings and events, using segments of the APEX/ASTM standards through presentations and campfire discussions. Topics will range from:
- Integrating sustainability into your event planning
- Audio Visual/Production
- Destination Selection
- Food and Beverage
- Meeting Venue
- Onsite Office and Show Practices
- Best Practicies for Measuring and Reporting
- Giving Back - Creating Legacy Social Programs
VIEW THE 2014 SUSTAINABILITY HUB SESSIONS HERE
The Sustainability Hub is an essential aid in helping organizations remain competitive and increase value by staying on top of environmental trends and challenges. Raising your green IQ is easy and enjoyable with the IMEX America Sustainability Hub program:
- Seminars: Presented by visionary industry leaders sharing comprehensive, in-depth knowledge on vital sustainability issues.
- Storytelling Tours - sustainability, the destination's perspective. This year we will be offering tours of our most sustainable exhibitors. Buyers will learn more about the sustainable initiatives these exhibitors are making within their destinations and also how they link these to exhibiting on the show floor.
- Join the Green Team: complete our green tasks and collect your green ribbon at the Hub. More information.
- Pledge Wall: make your sustainability pledge on the green pledge wall.
IMEX America—Serious about Sustainability
IMEX America sustainability programs and commitments support the community and benefit the environment. These links will tell you more about IMEX America’s policies and awards, as well as projects you can participate in to make a difference while attending IMEX America:
About Our Sustainability Hub Sponsor
GMIC (Green Meeting Industry Council) was formed to improve meeting management practices by promoting environmentally responsible strategies through the collaborative efforts of the hospitality industry, corporations, government and community organizations. The Green Meeting Industry Council is committed to supporting economic, environmental and community objectives as they relate to the meeting industry. Visit the GMIC website