Hosted Buyer Program FAQs
What happens when you have completed your IMEX America Hosted Buyer Application?
When you have submitted your Hosted Buyer application you will be sent an email confirming your application has been received.
Your application will go to your Hosted Group Intermediary for approval. If your intermediary approves your application it will then be sent to IMEX America for final approval.
Due to the high volume of applications this could take up to 10 working days. If your application is successful you will receive an email from IMEX America with your username and a link to set your password to enable you to log in to the IMEX America web site.
You may be contacted by either your intermediary or IMEX America for clarification regarding aspects that may be unclear in your application. This will result in a delay in your application being processed.
If your application is unsuccessful you will be invited to attend IMEX America as a buyer attendee.
Please note: IMEX America only accepts buyers from the same organization or office if each person works on separate accounts/clients. This application is non-transferable.
Who will I meet?
Being part of the IMEX America Hosted Buyer Program is an unequalled opportunity to catch up with existing suppliers and also meet with exciting new venues, destinations and other key exhibitors. You can expect to meet:
- U.S. Domestic Suppliers
Be part of the world’s largest gathering of American MICE professionals and a remarkable array of U.S. suppliers. IMEX America attracts all the key players.
- Global Tourist Offices & Convention Bureaus
Get to know tourism ambassadors from across the globe, from national and regional tourist offices to local convention and visitor bureaus.
- Major Hotel Companies
Do business with significant names in hospitality, including over 50 hotel groups, resorts and conference centers, plus golf resorts and spa destinations.
- Cruise Lines & Transportation
Meet with prestigious cruise lines, from large luxury companies to specialized boutique firms. See airlines, car rental companies and other transportation companies too.
- Destination Management Companies & Service Providers
Seek out providers of services including destination management, technology, team building, incentive products and more—all to make your programs and events complete.
What is the international presence at IMEX America?
Meet a world of global players and experience exciting new venues, destinations and services—all at one show! In October, IMEX America will surpass these impressive results from last year’s sold-out event:
- 150 countries at the show.
- Close to 2,900 exhibitors.
- Over 53,000 appointments scheduled over three days.
What events can I attend?
Enjoy unsurpassed networking opportunities with access to events where you meet the elite of the industry.
- Mix and mingle at professional gatherings, booth events and parties (don’t miss CIC Hall of Leaders, Site Nite North America, Association Evening and MPI Foundation Rendezvous).
- Meet professionals from all industry sectors—from top tourism ambassadors and hospitality brands to technology and service providers.
- Enjoy access to MPI buyer-supplier receptions (you don’t need to be an MPI member).
What education is available during the show?
Advance your knowledge and career with cutting-edge education before and throughout the IMEX America week.
- Come early for Smart Monday, a full day of education powered by MPI (complimentary, except where shown).
- Expand your outlook with MPI keynotes (free each morning) and participate in the revolutionary IMEX Vision program—the source for intelligent insight on industry trends.
- Match your interests with up to 100 education sessions and campfires at the trade show, at no cost to you.