Terms and conditions for Hosted Buyers at IMEX America
IMEX America is responsible for coordinating the participation of hosted buyers, including their travel and accommodation arrangements. Hosted buyers cannot change groups once IMEX America has processed their applications.
- Travel schedules are organized by IMEX America to maximize hosted buyers’ time at the tradeshow; out of courtesy to the exhibitors, they are obliged to adhere to these arrangements. Deviation from these schedules is at the discretion of IMEX America.
- Hosted buyers are required to attend for their full program dates.
- IMEX America will only accept one hosted buyer application per participant. In the event of more than one application per participant being received, only the first application will be accepted.
- Participants not qualified will be given the opportunity to attend as a buyer attendee* and take advantage of heavily discounted room rates at the headquarters hotel, the Venetian/Palazzo; plus specially negotiated airline rates with our Official Carrier – Delta, plus other supporting airlines. There is no entrance fee for attendees.
- Persons under the age of 21, and pets (except registered assistance dogs) are not permitted.
- Cancellations and/or changes will only be accepted by email, fax or via the IMEX America web site.
- Hosted buyers’ participation in IMEX America will include their contact details being available to registered exhibitors, who will access this information through the IMEX America Guide to Buyers. Exhibitors can use the IMEX America email service to send out information about their participation at IMEX America to hosted buyers prior to the show dates.
- IMEX America may host an additional night’s accommodation based on a hosted buyer’s attendance at the trade show for one extra day. (This must be pre agreed by IMEX America). If the hosted buyer does not attend the trade show for an additional day, IMEX America will forward the additional night’s charge to them.
- Hotel checkout is by 10:00am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed by the hotel. Failure to check out by this time may result in the hosted buyer being charged an additional fee by the hotel.
- Buyers who request IMEX to book their travel: IMEX will book flights that are favorable to the opening and closing hours of the trade show – as far as possible enabling buyers to arrive prior to opening at 10am and after closing at 5.30pm. IMEX cannot book flights based on a buyers’ preferred airlines. IMEX will book flights based on best available rates and times. Once booked tickets are non-changeable. Buyers will not be able to receive a Hosted Buyer Refund should they decide not to use the IMEX booked flights.
- Buyers who purchase their own round-trip travel: Flights will be reimbursed up to the maximum shown in the flight reimbursement table. Please check this before booking. IMEX only needs to pre-authorise flights which do not meet the terms and conditions for booking your own flight. Hosted buyers should only book their own travel once they have received confirmation that they are accepted onto the Hosted Buyer Program.
- Reimbursements are only available to hosted buyers who attend the trade show as part of a Hosted Buyer group that has been invited by an IMEX intermediary.
- Reimbursements will normally be made within two weeks after the event by bank transfer or Check subject to receipt of the appropriate receipts and documentation. Please note that tickets booked using frequent flyer miles cannot be refunded.
Travel insurance requirements
Please ensure that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover your trip to attend IMEX America. This should cover:
- Cancellation, Alteration, Curtailment, Rearrangement or Replacement: in the event of illness, personal injury or circumstances beyond your control which prevent you travelling to or from the show as planned.
- Medical expenses: in the event that you need medical treatment or emergency repatriation.
- Personal property and business equipment in the event of loss, theft or damage.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation such as war, floods or volcanic eruption.
- Personal liability.
- Death or personal injury.
Driving to Las Vegas
For Hosted Buyers choosing to travel by car from outside a 3-hour driving time radius, IMEX will provide an allowance of up to a maximum of $150.00 toward costs (including but not limited to fuel, vehicle rental, parking & insurance). This must be authorized by IMEX America before you travel and will be paid by IMEX upon receipt of satisfactory evidence of travel costs i.e. fuel receipt, parking fees, vehicle hire costs. Any vehicle rental agreement must be entered into by the Hosted Buyer in their own name (and not in the name of IMEX), and will be the sole responsibility of the Hosted Buyer. The Hosted Buyer acknowledges that IMEX will have no liability or other responsibility in connection with any Hosted Buyer Vehicle Travel Allowance and agrees to indemnify IMEX against any judgments, fines, claims or other losses directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with this. You will need to complete an IMEX Travel Authorization Form which will be sent to you when your application and travel requirements have been approved. Hosted Buyers who select to drive to IMEX America will be responsible for their own vehicle insurance (for themselves and any additional passengers).
I agree and acknowledge that I am undertaking participation in IMEX America 2013 events and activities as my own free and intentional act and I am fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to me as a result of my participation in these events. I give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that I am, as a result, able to participate in IMEX America events and I do hereby assume responsibility for my own well-being. I also agree not to allow any other individual to participate in my place.
IMEX plans to take photographs and video material at IMEX America and reproduce them in IMEX educational, news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the IMEX websites. By participating in IMEX America, you grant IMEX the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. All postings become the property of IMEX America Ltd. Postings may be displayed, distributed or used by IMEX America Ltd for any purpose.